Saturday, April 20, 2013

Some spring buys ~

So what do you know I have another blog post and it hasn't been 5 months... *pats self on back* I've been quite busy lately but I slipped into K-mart with a friend no more then a month ago and picked up these bits. Wait I lie, I picked up 1 lip stick & teen vogue and then later on in the week I picked up a few other lipsticks at a local Rite Aid. The one I purchased is from k-mart and it's called SugarPlum Fairy by Wet N' Wild's mega last lipstick collection. I'd describe it as a deep- subtle yet can be viewed as a vibrantly statement purple . I first heard about this lipstick from Sam aka beauty crush, she stated that it's a dupe for MAC's Rebel and I completely agree the color is called Sugarplum Fairy, rem peeps this is important! :p Before I rave about this lipstick Let me first off say that I think Wet N Wild as a company is completely underrated. Although I've been tempted to purchase Rebel from MAC and have swatched the color in person, witness and suggest my friend to purchase it I think SugarPlum fairy is a great alternative. I think Rebel is slightly better quality due to the general hold of the lipstick. Did I mention sugarplum fairy was only $1.99? Rebel is like $15+... I don't think so honey booboo (yes I just said honeybooboo) not when you can get something identical and just as good for cheaper. I love MAC but you can't beat that. Now the next two lipsticks I purchased are also by Wet N' Wild and they're called Dollhouse pink and 511b. Dollhouse pink is a matte finish and it's incredibly vibrant and definitely a statement lipstick. It kind of reminds me of candy yum yum by mac and OCC's lip tar in the shade Nylon although I haven't seen the color in person i've seen tons of photos and videos of girls wearing it. I quite like DP(dollhouse pink) but I would probably wear it with a more subtle eye makeup. I also think DP has a pastel lavender undertone to it I took some photos of swatches down below with and without flash. On to 511b, this is such a pretty lustre type fushcia. The color glides on your lips and is quite pigmented but subtle and a steal at only $0.99. As you can seen I also purchased this month's teen vogue, I literally purhase one whenever I want... Other than me just genuinely enjoying buying a single one each month... I'd probably save a lot if I subscribe to the magazine but I hate having magazines of people I dislike or am not a fan of who happened to be on the front cover, stupid I know lol. I'm not too sure who Shay mitchell is honestly (contradictory) but I thought she looked very pretty and familiar and the front cover just made me think of spring, I still haven't read this yet... Believe it or not but Teen vogue is one of my favorite fashion magazines along with Vogue. I like the fresh and open, trendy takes on teen vogue yet the classic modern twist Vogue has as a magazine.











10 comments:

  1. Hi! http://marinagordeeva.blogspot.ru/ follow me, please

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!
    best wishes
    with love from MademoisellePoisson
    www.mademoisellepoisson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. the pink in between is amazing! love it!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink color!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, dear! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much its so lovely and uou too darling :) <3

      Delete
  5. Hi! your blog and your pics are great!!!Full of interesting tips!
    step by me if you have time, we might follow each other!!!!
    Have a good sunday !
    Tania
    www.glamourmaniacs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi honey thank you loads & Sure I'll follow you now, you too ^-^

      <3

      Delete
  6. Love the colors! Never have enough, I follow you now babe. XJes

    ReplyDelete